HamiTech Computer Centre is one of the innovative and hands on practice private registered company in Uganda. We have currently opened the opportunity for young and mature age people to apply for Internship at our Company.
As an Intern, you will develop a project, working system and do research or plan an event. You will make a useful and rewarding contribution to HamiTech and Community at large.
Come and serve HamiTech in an internship program. This is a wonderful opportunity to share your cultural background and knowledge with Hamitech beneficiaries in Uganda.
Get to know and develop yourself as a professional social worker or community service worker with our reputed company and challenging environment. It’s a real transformative experience.
All our internships are Payable. You will be given:
- a thorough induction and supervision
- a computer to work at our head office in Bombo
- the opportunity to join our internal training and development courses
- a certificate and reference on completion of your placement
- an opportunity to develop your professional skills and boost your CV
WHO CAN APPLY?
We welcome applications from people of all ages and backgrounds. The specific criteria of roles will vary, but in general, the following minimum criteria are required:
- you should be 15 or older
- you should have good written and spoken business English.
You can apply if you are, O level, A, level or university student or graduate, or if you have left school or are looking for ICT related experience in your gap year. We also welcome applications from those returning to the workplace or looking for a change in career or in vacation
Candidates must demonstrate a strong interest in the ICT related sector.
WHAT IS THE TIME COMMITMENT?
This internship will last for a minimum of 3 months and can be extended upon your request.
This is a full-time internship position. The role requires 5 days per week, from 9 AM to 4 PM, dedicated to the work of Hamitech. However, the time you give is negotiable to balance your needs and what can be achieved in the role.
PAYABLE TRAINING OR SKILLS DEVELOPMENT COURSES
As an Intern, you will be asked to attend (for Pay) Hamitech professional and upon completion of the courses you will be awarded a recognised certificate.
SOME OF THE AREAS YOU CAN TRAIN IN:
Internships have been held in many departments, including:
- communications skills
- hardware repair and software trouble shooting
- website development and hosting
- Database development
- Networking and system administration
- programming using python
- graphical design
- internship, proposal and reporting development
- soft skills
- computer applications
- system maintenance
- customer care service skills
- among others
WHY ARE HAMITECH INTERNSHIPS?
We recognise that internships are very often used by people to gain the experience employers (from all sectors) are looking for and we want to find ways of packaging our student’s opportunities into attractive formats. Our internship program has been developed to provide a growing number of interesting, challenging and rewarding opportunities across Uganda in an increasingly diverse range of roles.
To ensure our interns have a good experience we’ve put control measures in place including:
- support from a placements co-ordinator
- limits on the numbers of hours, days and weeks that a person can be an intern
- open and fair recruitment
- careers focused workshops
- exit interviews
- individual evaluations